House Style

 Hello world!! Today's topic will dive a little into what exactly a house style in media is and why it's important. Before taking this course, I'd never heard of a "house style" before. I indeed had no clue whatsoever what it was. So I began some research. 

The expression house style, by definition, refers to the specific usage and editing conventions followed by writers and editors to ensure stylistic consistency in a particular publication or series of publications. In other words, this is basically how an author/creator puts the magazine into full effect while arranging the magazine. House style guidelines cover a range of writing attributes, such as spelling variations, citation methods, and sentence structure. Authors tend to follow house styles to keep a consistency in their style of writing to keep their published work organized and on topic, while expressing themselves in their own writing and/or work to fit their personalities. 

Overall, house styles are very important when it comes to media and I'm so happy that I learned this so now I can work on my own house style for my magazine!



Comments

Popular Posts