Reflection on Syllabus

 


Throughout this short term course, I've come to learn and accept all possible pros and cons. Many of the concepts and/or aims that I worry about, are quickly overcome by the concepts and/or aims I can't wait to learn and explore. Lets start with a few aspects of the course that I'm nervous about!

-Component two, which is a two hour exam consisting of two sections, one question based on an unseen moving image extract, while the other section is a choice between two questions.

-I'm also nervous about studying media platforms, such as this blog and magazine, because I've never done something like this before.

-The first stated aim is the one I worry about the most because it is not simply a general or local focus, it states that I am to develop critical understanding of international media through engagement with media products and concepts.

Now, to lighten the mood, lets get into the aspects I'm looking forward to!

-One of the aims stated says that I am to enjoy and appreciate the media and its roles in my daily life. Media does indeed play a big role in my life, and has for some years now because of products such as Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc., which all allow me to express myself both verbally ad with images.

-I look forward to the first component which is the foundation portfolio which is the magazine/blog I am creating. It states that candidates will produce a media product that includes digital evidence of the process of their work and a creative critical reflection. 

-I am excited to explore case studies which will help me with my work along the way. Research is very fundamental to what I plan on excelling in, and I'm ready to take it on. 

I hope to gain all the necessary skills that are stated in this syllabus and everything I stated above, both the pros and cons.


Comments

Popular Posts