A Little About Media Studies


 Hello World! Today we're going to be going into the basics of media studies and the purpose of this magazine. I'm creating this blog and magazine for my Cambridge AICE Media Studies class. 

There are four main concepts for this particular course:

 Language: How the media communicate meanings through their forms, codes, conventions, and techniques.

 Representation: How the media construct the social world including the portrayal of ideas, individuals, and groups. 

Industry: How and why media texts are produced, distributed, and circulated. 

Audience: How audiences are constructed and addressed by media texts and how audiences interpret and respond to media texts. 


The candidates for this course, being myself and my classmates, must study at least one media area, my chosen media area is a magazine. 

Comments

Popular Posts